In order to ensure everyone's safety, these guidelines must be followed when taking a tour of the Pentagon. There are no exceptions to these rules and non-compliance will cause the tour to be terminated.
- Arrive 60 minutes before your scheduled tour to allow time for processing through building security. Your tour may be cancelled if your group has not checked in at the Pentagon Tours window prior to your scheduled tour time.
- There is no public parking at the Pentagon. Public parking is available at the Pentagon City mall. It is also highly encouraged to use the Metro rail.
- You must present a copy of your confirmation email and identification for all members of your tour group to the Pentagon Police personnel upon arrival to the Metro entrance at the Pentagon.
- All purses carried into the Pentagon are subject to search.
- The following items are prohibited inside the building:
Items that may cause bodily harm (mace, knives, box cutters, pepper spray, etc.) and large bags (i.e., knapsacks, camera bags, backpacks, and shopping bags, etc.). Anyone with the mentioned items will not be allowed on tour with such items.
- The following items are not prohibited inside the building and cannot be used along the tour route:
Security Check Electronic devices (i.e., cell phones, picture or video cameras, PDAs, BlackBerrys, laptops, etc.) and tobacco products. You are encouraged to leave these items in the hotel, bus, or van or at home as it will slow down the processing into the building.
- Proper identification (ID) must be presented to building security. Please refer to the Tour Guidelines for a more information.
- Tour groups that are not checked into the Tours window inside the Pentagon Visitor's Center by the scheduled tour time will be canceled.
- There is no photography allowed inside and outside of the Pentagon.
- Tour groups must keep up with the tour pace and keep to the center of the corridor to allow Pentagon personnel to pass by on either side.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the tour.
- Any violation of these security measures will cause the tour to be terminated.